October 18, 2016

Belly Band Card ft. STAMPlorations


EDIT: Top 3 at Creative with Stamps and Top Pick at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge
I'm guest designing at STAMPlorations, and this month's Theme & Sketch challenge theme is Stamps & Sponging. I decided to make a CAS encouragement card using STAMPloration's Amazing Word Die and some distress inks (Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers). The colors were inspired by the graphic shown below. I also wanted to capture the foggy neon light feel, so instead of sponging and saturating the entire white belly band with colors, I left some of the edges white. 

Now what's different about this encouragement card is that it not only has an upbeat sentiment, it also has a hidden one. Pulling off the belly band will reveal the sentiment. We all know that sometimes other people, maybe a boss or an ex-girlfriend, just don't see and appreciate how amazing a person really is. I hope this card will lighten their heart when they're feeling down, and feel a little more confident about themselves, too!

Challenges Entered:
  
Word Art Wednesday / STAMPlorations: CAS / STAMPlorations: ATG

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, I love how you have been inspired by the image but most of all I love the hidden sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! I love how you captured the foggy feel of that inspiration photo, Jessica! Such a wonderful card too, with a fantastic message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this card. The colors the way you did the sentiment. I LOVE this CARD.. Stunning. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps

    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I have to tell
    you made two Super Adorable card
    this one too
    I am in love like Billie said
    this is Stunning
    may I CASE ing your card
    I will addhere your Link to this post offcourse
    this is tunning sentiment card too
    I love love black and the colorfull sentiment you add later under other sentiment
    CLEVER made
    many thanks again for joining with us at Creative with Stamps this month
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and I love that hidden sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo clever! What a great make - super stylish! Thanks so much for playing along at Creative with Stamps with your second gorgeous card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally amazing! Love your interpretation of the CUTplorations challenge - thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful encouragement card, and I love how you've done the secret message! Thanks for playing along at CUTplorations:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous interpretation of the theme photo, Jessica! The hidden message is so inspiring! Thanks for playing along at CUTplorations. Good Luck!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card .... great colours and I love the hidden sentiment. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the colours! Thank you for joining us at CWS Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Maryv (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tucked-away sentiment ... and how you used black as your CAS palette ... awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Striking & so beautiful--love this!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.